I’m Dr. Moses, and today I wanted to discuss the true, and deep, and esoteric meaning of Easter Sunday.
As a side note, this is NOT an argument for or against the historical or scientific accuracy of the Resurrection. That’s NOT what we’re discussing. It is simply the personal lesson that you can internalize for your own spiritual growth.
It is believed in the Christian tradition that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified and died, and then rose from the dead after three days.
We are all afraid of physical death. But do you know what we are even more afraid of? EGO-DEATH.
We are afraid that if we let go of judging everything, or if we let go of the past, or if we let go of our hopes for the future, or if we let go of being firmly attached to our families or our parents or our children, that we would literally be desolate and lonely and dark and empty!
The ego is a strong activity of the body-mind complex. It’s powerful and convincing. Some people even have a fear of meditating, because they are afraid that they will “disintegrate”- that if they let go of all of their thoughts, there would be nothing left.
Well, let me tell you, this is another false construct of the ego!
When you let the ego die by paying attention only to Divine Love, you “rise from the dead” on the third day, or after a time. Before rising from the dead, there has to be the “work” of letting the ego die, of letting go, and submitting fully to Divine Love.
The resurrection is the new life that you have when you let go of ego-activity. You do NOT just disappear, or walk around lifeless with no thoughts and half-dead like a president Obama zombie! (just a joke, I love the president.)
When you finally do let go of the ego, you will experience:
- Free energy that’s not being sucked and drained out of you because of the constant judgements of the running mind, like a hoarder’s home full of rats, and then the hoarder finally calls animal control and lets them take them all away. 🙂
- More physical energy and vitality. You ever felt your body was tired, but really you knew it was because you didn’t feel good mentally? When your mind and heart are in the right place, your body will also follow.
- Peacefulness and more restful sleep. You can sleep at night with a clear conscience! Literally, that IS what a “clear conscience” IS, it’s a mind that is FREE of ego activity.
- An open heart that is ready to love others, not holding onto grudges or resentments.
- A more creative life! (My personal favorite!) I was always afraid that I’d STOP being creative, but to my pleasant surprise, letting go of the ego creates a gaping space-hole of pure creative energy, ready to explode with Creative Force!
- A stronger feeling of the Divine Presence in your heart, your mind, and your life. In other words, you feel Happy. 🙂
So don’t be afraid of ego-death, or the spiritual life. Embrace it with energy and enthusiasm, and know that it only get’s better. Be willing to let the ego die, and experience the resurrection of New Life.
With Love, I’m Dr. Moses.
Stay up-to-date with new blog posts and videos, and get your FREE Guided Meditation today!