“A Search for God” Summary: Chapter 1- Need for Cooperation
The Need For Cooperation
Not my will, O Lord, but Your will be done in me and through me. Let me ever be a channel of blessings, today, now, to all those that I contact in every way. Let my meditation be consistent with the way you want me to live my life ((let my going in, my coming out, be in accord with that thou would have me do)); and as You call me I will answer, “Here I am, Lord; send me and use me.”
Need for Cooperation
- Everything starts with our thoughts. We must put cooperation into action in our thinking. When we have negative thoughts, they paralyze us. They totally stop us from being able to grow spiritually. When we need help, these negative thoughts also make it very difficult for others to be able to help us. The Master, Christ Himself, could not do any great miracles in His home town simply because the people did not believe in Him. Their negative thoughts stopped Him from being able to help them.Thoughts are deeds. As thought waves are sent out, the results of these thoughts can become crimes or miracles! We don’t pay enough attention to our thoughts; we will discuss this more later. Now, if we want to reach any goal, we absolutely must all have the same mindset; one mind, one aim, and one purpose. Only by being of one mind can we get any blessings for ourselves or blessings for all other people.
- Each person will try to cooperate in their own unique way. As we seek to cooperate by serving others, we are lifted up. SO, let all of our thoughts, words, and actions; yes, let us always express the Creative Force within us in such a way that it may bring HOPE, PEACE, and UNDERSTANDING into the lives of others. In doing this, the ones you bless will seek to become channels of blessings to others, in their own way.
- Then, let us attune (or get in tune with) the highest Spiritual Force. This will happen when we are 100% right with God, when we are in accord with His will.
- Let us exercise our minds by concentrating on these two thoughts:
- We must lose ourselves in Him.
- Every thought we have, and everything we do, must be in harmony with our BEST- yes our absolute highest intentions and purposes that are within us.