Explanation of Cayce reading 281-13, paragraphs 23, 24, 27, & 28
1. Cleanse your body with pure water.Start out with washing your hands and face, and drinking some water. You must learn for yourself what you must do for cleansing. You may also need to cleanse your surroundings and your room! Cleanse your thoughts and your acts!Do not try to meditate if you have a grudge or any unkind thought against ANY other person. If you do, you are only planning your own undoing.
2. Breathe in through your right nostril 3 times, and out through the mouth. Then breathe in through the left nostril 3 times, and out through the right nostril.I suspect that this helps to balance and prepare the higher Spiritual Centers because the air is gliding under the pituitary gland.
3. Loosen your clothing and shoes. Sit or lie down comfortably. Close your eyes (unless you’re driving!)
4. Although not in this reading, Cayce recommends in many others that you say a short prayer, asking God to protect you. “As I open myself to the unseen forces surrounding the throne of Grace, Power, and Might, I surround myself with the protection of the thought of the Christ.” Or you can say, “Father, protect me in the name of Jesus, the Christ.”
5. Now, choose an affirmation that is consistent with the highest Ideal, namely, Christ.
6. Play some very soft, low music (if you want). Music can be extremely helpful for meditation.
7. Now it is time to gently enter into the Holy of Holies, with the help of your affirmation and soft music. In your mind, begin to repeat the Affirmation. As you repeat the Affirmation, you begin to feel its meaning in your body. Then you will begin seeing, feeling, and experiencing your affirmation inside of God’s Love.
As you are having this experience, imagine raising your affirmation up through your INNER eye, or third eye. In doing this, you will have a better understanding of all of your life situations and experiences, physically, mentally, and Spiritually, and better understanding in how and what to do in dealing with every experience that you have.
Next, your Spiritual Centers will be responding to the power of God, or Creative Forces, and as this happens, you will be aware of it! It is like beautiful music happening in your body! Listen to the music! As this happens, and as you continue to enter into deep meditation and the presence of God, you will be renewed in every way that is needed, in Him.
“Be not afraid, it is I.” Make sure that it is Him who we worship, Jesus, the Christ, that we raise up through our Affirmation. We raise this in our inner selves, in the deepest parts of us, to be spread throughout ourselves all the way up to our highest Spiritual Centers. Remember His words, “You must eat of my BODY; you must drink of MY blood.” To eat and drink of his Body and Blood is to raise Him up in meditation. Christ must be our Ideal that we raise in meditation. We must raise in our inner self (through the Affirmation) that picture, that image, that idea, that Ideal, of the Christ. We must be in love with the mindset that Christ had, the “Christ-consciousness.” We must be in love with God. When we do this, we are MAKING the body so cleansed that it is completely protected against all powers that would ever try to stop us from entering into His presence.
Be clean, in Him.
Notes: (not directly from this reading)
An affirmation may be any positive Christian word or phrase that is consistent with the highest ideal, which is Christ. Some examples are listed; use what YOU feel most comfortable with. You should try to use the same one for about 2 to 4 weeks at a time; it should represent an ideal that you are trying to build into your self! For example: Jesus I Love You; Jesus I Trust You; Jesus, I put everything in your hands; One with God; One; Love; Peace; Patience; Gentleness; Kindness; Glory to God; Lord have mercy; Lord, I surrender; Jesus, renew me; Jesus, heal me; Others, not self; Not mine, but thine will be done, O Lord, in me and through me; or make up your own. It can also be a picture or image, like a small cross against a black background, or the feet of Jesus in a white robe, or pure white light.
When you get distracting thoughts coming into your mind, just GENTLY go back to the Affirmation.
Do not get frustrated! Distractions will get less and less with practice!
When you finish, spend a couple of minutes praying for others.