It’s so funny because we walk around living life stuck in our heads and in our patterning, WITHOUT US EVENING KNOWING IT.
We pay $5 for a cup of coffee very day, without even flinching.
We fight with our husbands and wives about the same stupid things, over and over.
We yell at our kids, get frustrated and angry, and constantly ask “why do I feel like this? Why am I angry? Tired? Overworked?”
We drink Monsters and coffee and ask ourselves, “Why can’t I sleep?! Why is my mind always running?”
It reminds me of my sister-in-law’s dog, a poodle named Rock Star. If there’s any food, he eats all of it. If someone throws a ball, he chases it. And if someone pets him or rubs his belly, he lays down.
That’s his whole life!
Are we all a bunch of poodles? Animals?!?! HAHA!
Bottom line, our patterning is entrenched so deeply into our subconscious minds that we live like the animals: patterns and reactions. Insanity. Mindlessness. Sub-human blindness.
When are we going to WAKE UP to the Intense, Powerfully Creative, Infinitely Loving HUMAN GOD-LIKE BEINGS that is our Truest and Deepest Nature?!?!?!
What do we need to DO- to WORK- to AWAKEN and REALIZE who we really are- and to stop living out these “karmic patterns” – or HABITS- that we’ve created for ourselves?
You know, there are many answers to “how can I change”, but the best answer is the one thing that you pick to do, today.
I challenge you to journal about ONE pattern that you see in your life. Take your time, say about 15 minutes.
1. One habit I have that does not express my highest intentions is ________________.
2. If I stopped doing that, I’m afraid that ____________________.
3. Instead, I can develop more ______________ in my life. To do that, this week I am committed to _______________ [doing one specific thing].
As an honest example, I am going to do this exercise right now:
1. One habit I have that does not express my highest intentions is getting angry at my daughter when she does not work on her homework on her own.
2. If I stopped getting angry at her, I’m afraid that she wont do her homework on her own, and I’m going to have to sit there and spent all this time making sure she does her homework. I feel overwhelmed with all the things I have to do and I wish she could just do it on her own.
3. Instead, I can develop more patience and love for her and using that time as an opportunity to spend loving time with her. She deserves my loving smile and my attention. To do that, this week I am committed to taking advantage of this precious time, and taking out the opportunity to sit with her, and be patient, and loving- even better, I’ll try to make it fun, make her laugh, and go along with her little games to make homework fun. I’m not going to rush her, just going to enjoy the time together, like a one-on-one. If I start to get angry or frustrated, I’m going to get up and walk outside and take 3 deep breathes, coming deeply into the Now and feeling the Love of God in My Heart. Then I’m going to smile and hold the smile while I come back in.
There it is!
If you read these letters, it’s for a reason. It’s because you are willing to do the work it takes to BE happy.
So, now it’s you’re turn. Do it. 15 minutes.
Just like everything else in life, it doesn’t work unless you DO IT!!!!!
If you’re comfortable sharing, send it to me, I’d love to see it! If you have any questions, let me know- I read every email!