Seated Yoga Guidelines
Remember toilet yoga can be done anytime you are sitting down, whether on the couch or in a chair, or especially when traveling in a car, bus, or airplane.
Be gentle on your body! Start slowly and gently, and stop if it hurts. It should feel like a good, soft stretch. Being consistent breeds flexibility and results. Pushing yourself too hard only brings injuries!
Always consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program. Falling off the toilet and hitting your head can be life-threatening, so if you think you can’t do the pose or you might lose your balance, please don’t try the pose, or ask for help from a friend that doesn’t mind the smell.
Work it! Work it! Come on now! Do it! UH! Yah! mmmhmmm. You go girl!
That’s the attitude we’re taking in this Toilet Yoga exercise!
We are gonna work that hip! This will help to open the hip, stretching the tight adductor muscles (the ones used to close the thighs.) We will stretch out the glut’s, or buttock muscles, and the piriformis. This also pulls a nice stretch all the way up from the buttock to the lower to mid back.
Toilet Yoga: Work That Hip Girl!
- Sit down on the toilet.
- Could be a restaurant, or a beach bathroom. Picnic? Maybe a porta-potty. Maybe you’re at a dinner party and you’re bored outta your mind, so you retreat to those nice restrooms with pot-pourri smells. Maybe you just got home from work and the bathroom is the only place you get a few minutes for yourself. Any toilet will work.
- Cross your legs. Bring your right leg up, and cross your right ankle over your left knee.
- Now, grasp your knee with both hands, and gently pull your chest toward your knee. Take 3 deep breaths.
- Next, let go and gently press your knee down toward the floor. Squeeze your buttock muscles on that side to deepen the stretch for that hip. Take 3 deep breaths, feeling deeply into your breath, your body and the stretch.
- Repeat for the other side.
This is a great stretch! Takes less than a minute to do, so do it! Only works if you do it!
Cheers to WORKIN’ IT!
P.S. Alright! It may seem silly, but toilet yoga really works! Just do 1 pose for 1 minute every time you sit on the toilet. The easiest one or the one you like the most. You’re sitting there anyway! 😉
Sign up in ONE of the boxes below to get your FREE Guided Meditation for whole body relaxation and balancing, and to receive email updates when I post more cool stuff like this one. Thank you!