Diet is KEY to the health of the physical body
Diet must be alkaline reacting! General guidelines are as follows.
- 80% of foods should be fruits and vegetables and their juices, and other alkaline foods like raw Almonds or Olive Oil. The other 20% may be from the meats and grains. All meats should be with NO HORMONES. Wild fish (not farm raised). No refined foods or white flour! NO FRIED FOODS! Eggs need to be from free-range chickens, with no hormones.
- Citrus fruits, or orange juice mixed with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, makes a great breakfast; chew it well! Do this instead of cereal, and do NOT have cereal on the same day.
- Do not combine proteins and starches!
- IMPORTANT: CHEW YOUR FOOD!! Chewing your food is extremely important! It is the first step to proper digestion. Even liquids need to be chewed! Swish each gulp in your mouth before swallowing. As you secrete saliva, it must thoroughly mix with the food/liquid before you swallow it to allow proper digestion.
- Raw foods have their own enzymes for digestion, and are much healthier than cooked foods. Anytime eating cooked food at a meal, be sure to take digestive enzymes. In my office, we use Multizyme and Zypan, by Standard Process. Also, Yellow Saffron Tea is an excellent Tea for bowel healing and stimulates the body’s natural ability to secrete its own digestive enzymes.
- Never wash your food down with liquids, especially milk! Sipping a small amount of warm Green Tea or water with no ice is OK. Drink your 6-8 glasses of water in between meals, 15 minutes before or 45 minutes after meals.
- Eat a nice huge raw vegetable salad for one meal out of the day, usually lunch, with any oil based dressing. Never eat white vinegar! You may also have a starch, beans/legumes, OR protein next to the salad, with some cheese or cottage cheese.
- Test your urine or saliva with pH test strips (available in the office) to check if you are alkaline or acidic. The best time is in the morning before eating or drinking anything. You may also check before meals or at least 30 minutes after eating.
- Don’t over stuff yourself!! Your body doesn’t need that much food! Relax, everything is going to be OK; TRUST in God that He will supply your body with everything that it needs. (Give us this day our daily bread).