Do you get tired during the day? I do!
It’s really important to take breaks at work (or at home).
We are not computers! Our bodies work in waves of up and down, so if you expect yourself to stay “on” for 8, 10 or 12 hours straight, you’re going to stress out your adrenal glands and end up exhausted! You then depend on coffee, sodas and fast food to keep up.
Don’t expect your body to function this way. Take breaks!
During your breaks, get off the computer and away from your desk!
- Get out of your head and into your body.
- Go walk outside and smell some fresh air.
- Do some push-ups, sit-ups, yoga stretches, or squats.
- Find a sofa and read a book or watch a little TV
- My favorite- lie down flat on your back and relax your spine.
Do something completely different from work. This will help your mind rejuvenate for when you get back to it.
Take a break AT LEAST every 90 to 120 minutes. Otherwise your energy levels will keep dropping, and you start reaching for chemicals (sodas, etc) to keep you going.
Sometimes when I only have a few minutes, I do a little routine on the floor that takes 1 or 2 minutes. I made this video for you!
TAKE YOUR BREAKS!
Enjoy with love,