Remember, do your yoga anywhere, anytime. Be bold!
Be gentle on your body! Start slowly and gently, and stop if it hurts. It should feel like a good, soft stretch. Being consistent breeds flexibility and results. Pushing yourself too hard only brings injuries!
Always consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program.
You’re a cool cat! (Haven’t heard that one since ‘23!) Well this stretch’ll warm up your feline spine in no time!
Back pain? You have to do this stretch daily because it works!!
The cat stretches are amazing for your spine. They get the blood flow to your whole spine. Remember, your entire body functions on nerves, and those nerves come out of your spine. So working your spine means your entire body is going to feel better and be healthier. Do it!
Dr. Moses’ Yoga: Cat Stretch
- Get on your hands and knees.
- Inhale deeply as you let your belly and chest fall toward the floor.
- Exhale fully as you push your hands into the floor and arch your back high, like a scaredy cat.
- Repeat 3 times. Feel deeply into your breath, your body and the stretch.
- Still on all fours, reach your hands forward as far as you can. Let your chest fall toward the floor and stretch out those shoulders. Do this for 3 breaths.
- Back up to neutral position, on all fours. Now, reach only one hand forward as far as you can. Keep your knees and other hand planted on the ground.
- Push the floor down with your reaching hand to get a nice stretch in your flank and the side of your abdomen, and a nice twist in your mid-abdomen. As you inhale, lengthen your hand, arm and spine. As you exhale, deepen the twist. Do this for 3 breaths.Feel deeply into your breath, your body and the stretch.
- Come back to neutral and repeat with the other hand.
Do it baby! It works! Enjoy!
Sign up in ONE of the boxes below to get your FREE Guided Meditation for whole body relaxation and balancing, and to receive email updates when I post more cool stuff like this one. Thank you!