Be sure to consider General Health Guidelines and basic Diet Guidelines.
These guidelines generally discuss “Iron Deficiency” Anemia.
You need to see your regular doctor to first understand the cause of your anemia before creating a treatment plan.
Ferrofood is a supplement from Standard Process which is available in our office. It is a natural iron supplement, not elemental iron. (Will be available on the website soon.)
- Consider adding Beef Juice to your diet. Beef juice is not a broth but a juice extracted from the meat through heat. It is prepared as follows:
Take about one pound of round steak preferably. Cut off the fat, leaving the muscle and pieces of tendon. Make sure there is NO fat left. Cut the meat into half inch cubes, and put it into a glass jar without water in it. The jar should be covered but not tightly. Then put the jar into a pot with water in it, the water coming about one-half or three-fourths of the way toward the top of the jar. Put a cloth on the bottom of the pan to prevent the jar from cracking.
(I actually use a double boiler, which works just as well, and is much easier.)
Let the water then simmer for three to four hours. Then strain off the juice which has accumulated in the jar and the remaining meat may be pressed to extract the remainder of the juice. The meat will then be worthless. Place the juice in a refrigerator, but never keep it longer than 3 days. The quantity made, then, depends upon how much and how often the juice is taken. The adult dosage is 1 tablespoon 2 to 3 times per day, sipped very very slowly and chewed very well. It should take at least 5 minutes to take the whole tablespoon (15 mL). Children can have about the same amount, but it is better to divide the dosage into multiple times throughout the day, like 1/2 or 1 teaspoon 4 – 6 times per day.
You can use a little salt and pepper to taste. You can eat a whole wheat cracker or a graham cracker with it.
- Tripe (menudo) Loaded with enzymes which help digestion of Iron and other concomitant nutrients<
- Organ meats, especially Liver. Loaded with Iron and B vitamins.
- Egg yolk (raw or poached)
- Atomidine for glandular imbalance.
- Yellow Saffron Tea to heal the small gut and aide in digestion and absorption of blood building nutrients.
Be sure to have your holistic primary doctor monitor your blood counts.